Friday, August 10, 2007

One more pair!

Okay, so I lied last time when I said it'd be a while before I posted again! I had forgotten to post about these earrings, oops!

Pink and Shell earrings
shell drop and pink vitrail

These earrings are super cute. One of the things I always find myself doing with my jewelry is making pieces that aren't terribly complex, but work well to highlight the inherent beauty of the materials. I'm a total glass geek, so I often find myself just wanting to appreciate beads in themselves rather than actually using them in a piece. A nice compromise between admiring the beads and making jewelry out of them is to create jewelry to works to highlight the components. The shell in these beads is very pretty. They're nice and smooth and have a nice organic glow to them. Not quite sure if that's a good term, but it's all that I can think of for the moment. The pink beads are a nice way to add some color to these earrings without detracting from the natural simplicity and beauty of the shells. I know this style isn't for everyone, but I just love it!

Okay, this really will be my last post for a while. Well, unless I get more photos taken this weekend! We will see!

~Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home